Business Office Manager - Skilled Nursing Facility
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Seeking Business Office Manager with Medicare, Medicaid, and HMO / Managed Care billing experience for our skilled nursing facility in Lecanto, Florida.
Consulate Health Care rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including: • Vacation and Sick Time Accrual From Date of Hire, • 401K, Holiday Premium Pay, Medical (3 plans to choose), Dental (2 plans to choose), Vision and much more!
As Business Office Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This position is responsible for managing all functions of the business office, including billing, collections, resident trust, payroll and accounts payable. The BOM position supervises the Business Office staff, including the Receptionist, the Business Office Coordinator and any other staff in the care center business office. This positions works closely with the Regional Directors of Business Office Services and the Central Billing Office.
Consulate Health Center of Brentwood is a place to get better, a place for living. We are a 120-bed skilled nursing center, and a proud member of the Consulate Health Care family. Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
• HS degree required. Two or Four year degree is preferred.
• Medicaid, Medicare and HMO / Managed Care billing.
• Experience working in a Skilled Nursing Facility / Long Term Care Facility with patient accounting responsibilities.
• Three years experience in bookkeeping / accounting practices
• Management experience
The following experience is a plus!
• Point Click Care (PCC) billing system
• National Data Care Resident Funds Management System (RFMS)
• Lead and coordinate all aspects of the business office, including supervision of the billing, collecting, resident trust accounting, payroll and accounts payable functions.
• Responsible for coordinating and directing the day to day responsibilities of the business office staff including hiring, training, development and appraisals.
• Ensures the business office functions are adequately staffed to minimize gaps in coverage.
• Responsible for all aspects of the resident trust accounting system, including security of patient funds.
• Oversee the patient billing system to ensure accuracy of patient account billing information, including coordination with other departments necessary.
• Responsible for all patient related accounts receivable balances including Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, Private and Other Payers to ensure accurate balances, timely billing and collections.
• Responsible for front end collections of A/R balances due from residents while in-house (meets with residents and responsible parties upon admission and routinely thereafter to follow up on collections).
• Responsible for back end collections of A/R balances due from residents after discharge.
• Manage the Medicaid pending application and conversion process to ensure timely resolution.
• Responsible for month-end closing of billing system in accordance with company policy and timelines.
• Responsible for timely processing of charges, adjustments, refunds, payment posting and write offs.
• Ensures patient bills and collection letters are processed accurately and timely.
• Provide Central Billing Office with additional billing information to clear claim edits and rejections.
• Coordinate responses to various audit requests.
• Ensures payroll records are processed accurately and timely.
• Ensures accounts payable invoices are processed accurately and timely.